Traditional braces, also known as metal braces, are orthodontic treatments using metal brackets and wires to straighten and align teeth. At Dr. Nashed's office, traditional braces consist of small metal brackets bonded to each tooth's front surface using dental adhesive. The brackets serve as anchors to hold the archwire in place. An archwire is threaded through the brackets and connects them. The archwire applies gentle pressure to the teeth, gradually moving them into their desired positions over time. Elastic or metal ligatures, commonly known as "ties," secure the archwire to the brackets. The ligatures usually change during regular adjustments to maintain the desired pressure level. Regular visits to the orthodontist are required with traditional braces to make adjustments and monitor the progress of the treatment. During these appointments, the orthodontist may change the archwire, replace ligatures, or make other necessary modifications to guide the teeth into proper alignment.
The Benefits of Traditional Braces
- Traditional braces are tailored to each patient's specific needs. Orthodontists carefully plan the treatment, considering the unique characteristics of the individual's teeth and bite. The brackets, archwires, and ligatures can be customized to achieve the desired tooth alignment.
- Traditional braces have a long-standing track record of successfully treating many orthodontic issues. They can effectively address crowded teeth, gaps between teeth, misaligned bites (overbite, underbite, crossbite), and other dental alignment problems.
- Traditional braces can be used to treat both simple and complex orthodontic cases. They provide precise control over tooth movements and allow orthodontists to make necessary adjustments throughout treatment, ensuring optimal results.
- Traditional braces offer reliable and predictable results. The gradual and controlled movement of the teeth allows for precise alignment, ensuring a functional bite and an improved smile.
- Traditional braces can be used for patients of all ages, from children to adults. It is always possible to seek orthodontic treatment with traditional braces to achieve a straighter and healthier smile.
What Conditions Can Traditional Braces Treat?
Traditional braces can gradually align and straighten crowded teeth by creating space and repositioning them correctly.
Gaps or spaces between teeth can be closed using traditional braces. The braces apply gentle pressure to move the teeth closer together and eliminate the gaps.
Traditional braces are highly effective in straightening crooked or rotated teeth. The brackets and archwires apply controlled forces to gradually align the teeth into their desired positions, resulting in a straighter, more aesthetically pleasing smile.
Traditional braces have a long-standing track record of success in achieving straighter teeth and improved dental alignment. They are suitable for individuals of all ages, and their affordability compared to other orthodontic options makes them popular for many patients. For the best dentist in Arcadia, CA, & Long Beach, CA, visit Dr. Nashed's office, Arcadia Location at 45 E Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, CA 91006, or Long Beach Location at 4200 E Pacific Coast Highway Suite 100, Long Beach, CA 90804. You may also call the Arcadia location at (626) 294-9119 or Long Beach location at (562) 498-5788.